This holding pattern we’re in is certainly difficult, but it doesn’t have to be impossible. Every single thing you do to take care of yourself will pay back with dividends in the future.
A few things we can do to maintain or even improve our wellbeing…
- Get up and move around every 20 minutes. Sitting too long just isn’t good for you. You can download my 30-min workout AND 30-Day Challenge for free.
- Keep a journal of how you’re feeling. It will help you identify (and change) negative thoughts.
- Take a few minutes a day to take 10 deep breaths. Deep breaths are incredibly calming.
- Drink more water. Your brain, your muscles, and your digestion will thank you.
- Pick up the phone and call someone. It’s good to hear a warm voice on the other end.
- Make a schedule. Map it out so you have a routine.
- Declutter a room and make a donation pile. Giving back is good for the soul.
- Turn off the TV and pick up a book.
- Make a playlist of motivating songs you like…then play it A LOT. Music is magic.
- Plant a mini indoor garden and keep it in the sun. Plant in used cans, milk cartons, etc.
- Take an Epsom salts bath. Epsom salts, also known as magnesium sulfate, helps to relax muscles and tired bodies.
- Study a new language. Who cares how far you get? The mere act of studying a new language has a profound impact on memory!
- Write someone a letter. Go ahead…make someone’s day. Put a few words on paper, stick a stamp on it and put it in the mail.
- Practice yoga. You don’t have to be flexible or even know what downward dog is to get the benefits of yoga. Go to YouTube and find an instructor you like. Your options are plentiful!
- Make a playlist of stress-free songs. If you’re on iTunes, you can search for my list called Stress-Freeing It.
- Make some hummus or guacamole. It’s a life rule that they’re both healthy and pair well with just about every vegetable on the planet.
- Plan a dream vacation. It doesn’t matter if you’ll never take it! Research has shown simply planning an amazing vacation brightens mood.
- Make a bucket list of 10 things you want to do in your life. Set the bar high! The power of personal manifestation is real!
- Watch a TEDx talk. If you want to be inspired or given a great gem of knowledge, search for TEDx talks. They’re usually short and always well worth the time spent watching them.
- Learn nearly anything on Khan Academy. It’s free and covers a broad range of topics at all learning levels. Any subjects you want to brush up on?
Try to do your best to be healthy. I’ve linked to a free download of workouts and recipes that might be helpful to you.