It's the first day of spring. Here are a few foods that are amazing detoxers. Incorporate these into your daily diet once a day to push out some of the gunk from the cold months of winter. Sugar, alcohol, environmental toxins that we breathe in, and residual toxins, like pesticides and herbicides, all need a little push getting out of our body.
1. Lemon: A little lemon juice in your morning water will help to flush toxins.
2. Cilantro: Super powerful at removing heavy metals, make a hearty salsa loaded up with this delish herb.
3. Parsley: More than a garnish and palate cleanser, this inexpensive herb can get mixed into any green salad as a healthy accompaniment. (I like flat leaf parsley for salads). Looking for a great detox recipe using parsley, try my Quinoa Tabouli.
4. Artichokes: A great overall liver detoxer, blanch then throw artichokes on the grill, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt, then enjoy with an evening barbecue.
5. Ginger: Blend ginger into your morning smoothie, grate it into a savory vegetable dish or add a little on top of a salad. Regardless of how you eat it, a little bit of ginger goes a long way.
I hope you enjoyed this short but sweet post. Share with a friend, or connect with me on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all things fit and healthy.