Hourglass body types typically distribute body fat evenly throughout their body, but tend to show it more in their faces, arms and knees. Naturally, hourglass body types carry excess fat through their belly, which is detrimental to their health, but it's not the only place fat is stored.
The reason we all gain weight differently, with some people storing fat as Apple Shape Body Type, Pear Shape Body Type or Inverted Pyramid Body Type, is hormones. The foods we eat and the lifestyle we lead greatly influence hormones in storing fat in specific spots.
Don't be too hard on yourself. There are a lot of gorgeous and talented hourglass women out there among us, including Beyonce, Kate Winslet, and Sofia Vergara. The whole point of this plan is not to take your curves away, just make them as healthy as possible. So let's get a better understanding of your type of hormonal weight gain, and what you should be eating for the hourglass body shape meal plan.
If You’re An Hourglass Body Type
- Your weight gain is evenly distributed, noticeable in the face, but also around the knees, and sometimes ankles.
- You might love dairy products, like ice cream, frozen yogurts, cream-filled pastries, sour cream, cheese, etc.
- You might also be hooked on caffeine, particularly coffee and black tea.
One thing to keep in mind as you read this - not all women who have weight to lose are hourglass shaped. Your body could be any shape (Hourglass, Pear, Apple or Inverted Pyramid) and you could have weight to lose, or you could be exactly where you need to be.
Your shape is just your shape. Love your body by eating the right foods for it.
Cravings to curb
Hourglass figures need to avoid the following foods:
- Coffee, black tea, colas: it makes no difference if they’re unsweetened or not. Avoid them. If you’re drinking a lot of caffeine right now, ease off slowly cutting back over three days. Substitute decaf, or at the very least, drink green tea.
- Dairy, especially high fat dairy. That’s not to say that other fats aren’t good for you – they are. But dairy fat is a no-no for your body.
Hourglass body types should eat like an inverted pyramid:
- Breakfast is the largest meal
- Lunch is a moderate-size meal
- Dinner should be on the light side
You’re probably wondering how many calories you should eat, or how much food you should put on your plate. The answer is different depending on gender, activity level, natural metabolism, age, stress level, etc. Instead of focusing on calories, focus on portion size.
Hourglass Body Type Meal Plan
The Focus of Your Meal Plan
- Remember your body type does better eating a bigger breakfast, moderate size lunch and small dinner.
- Keep your diet fairly low fat, especially when it comes to dairy fat.
- Try to avoid caffeine, particularly coffee and black tea.
So What's Next?
- Get the download for the 21-Day Hourglass Meal Plan (3 full weeks!). You'll be well on your way to big change.
- When you order the plan, you'll have the option to order a copy of my book, The Belly Burn Plan at 40% off the cover price. It's a full six-week plan that include 65 recipes, workouts that will shape your body like nothing else and, of course, a full meal plan just for your body type.