Here you’ll find a variety of products I use to help keep my family and me healthy. I’ve only listed products I use, know and trust. This list may change from time to time, but right now, these are my staples when it comes to:
- Kitchen Necessities
- Skin Care
Healthy Living Products I Love
These are the staples I have in my kitchen. I love them. Most I use every single day. I don’t really like to have a bunch of “gadgets for the sake of having gadgets” around my kitchen, so I’ve tried to keep the list to the bare minimum of what I just can’t do without.
- KitchenAid 3.5 Cup Food Processor: I have a family of five, and I use this mini food processor. It’s all I need and it doesn’t take up too much space.
- Vitamix 5300 Blender: I’ve had this blender for going on three years and I think I’ve used it, on average, twice a day. My diet, and my kids’ diets consist of a lot of smoothies. If you have children, you might also appreciate how important it is not to have clumps that get caught in straws in a smoothie. My Vitamix handles this. And it keeps on going!
- KitchenAid Hand Blender: This little handy hand blender is what I use when I need to blend up soups when they’re on the stove. I sometimes like to puree up vegetables a bit, or blend in a thickener that looks like it’s getting a bit lumpy. Keeping hot stuff on the stove, and blending at the same time is a necessity.
- KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer: I used my old KitchenAid for at least 13 years, which was a hand-me-down after my mom used it for 10. I finally laid it to rest and picked up this one. Another standard classic my kitchen can’t do without.
- Omega J8004 Juicer: If you like to juice, you’ll love this. I’ve had my masticating Omega for probably 7 years now. Despite the fact that it’s stained with turmeric, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I researched juicers for a long time, and really feel like I made a solid decision.
- Hiware Stainless Steel Metal Straws: I used to buy plastic straws for my kids, but can’t do it anymore. Too much plastic ends up in our oceans. This is one of the small things I can do to ensure my family minimizes the problem as much as possible.
- Modern Kitchen Reusable Baggies: I’ve used resuable bags for 4+ years for my kids lunches, etc. I prefer this brand. When I’m not using them for lunches, I’m using them for storing vegetables or sauces in the fridge. Plus, no need to waste plastic bags!
This supplement, magnesium glycinate, will forever be my #1 supplement for making sure digestion. It’s also great for relaxation. Everyone is different, but the average person is very likely deficient to some extent, which could make stress less manageable and digestion less cooperative. Personally, I take 400mg twice a day – in the morning and in the evening.
These are the two brands I’ve use and trust:
I take Vitamin C everyday. Despite the fact that I likely get from my diet and it’s loaded with vegetables, I still supplement every morning. Our body can only absorb small amounts of Vitamin C, so there really is no need to go overboard. That said, I notice a difference, especially with my skin, if I stop taking Vitamin C. Afterall, Vitamin C does play well with collagen, so that’s no surprise.
This is the Vitamin C I take:
Most of us know how important D3 is to our body, but most people don’t know that in order to get D3 to aid in moving calcium to our bones, you need K2. Think of K2 as the key that unlocks D3’s potential. It just makes sense to have them together.
These are the two varieties I use:
- NOW Vitamin D3 & K2 Liposomal Spray (Note: I like this because it’s convenient to spray and go. I also use this variety for my son, who is very young and can’t swallow pills. It does contain xylitol, a sugar alcohol. Some people are more sensitive than others.
- NOW Mega D3 & MK7 Capsules (Note: MK7 is a natural form of K2)
Probiotics provide beneficial bacteria in our gut, which helps to boost our immune system, improve digestion and even lift our mood. That said, the most important thing when selecting a probiotic is choosing one that is well researched. I recommend buying a probiotic that states the specific strain on the package.
These are the probiotics I’ve used and have benefitted from:
- Jarrow Jarro-Dophilus EPS (for me)
- Renew Life Ultimate Flora (if I need extra support)
- Culturelle Kids Chewables (for my kids)
Omega-3 fatty acids are badly needed by our bodies, including our brains. Beyond the anti-inflammatory benefits, I take fish oil, specifically, cod liver oil, every day. Since my kids were babies, we started them on 1 teaspoon every morning. The liquid form is what we still use. When I travel, I prefer to bring capsules as no one wants a jar of fish oil letting loose on their clothes.
This is what I recommend:
- Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil plus D (note: I take this in the fall/winter months)
- Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil (note: I take this in the spring/summer months)
- Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil Capsules (note: for travel)
Natural Skin Care
I really love this line because it’s both functional and natural – and of course, it works on my skin. Of the entire line, I’ve used quite a few products, but swear by these two.
- High Performance Glycolic Acid Blend: This glycolic acid blend is really nice. It’s not too strong and doesn’t make your face feel like it’s on fire. You’ll definitely feel it’s activated shortly after you apply it. I use this product once a week before bedtime. It’s great for clogged pores and gentle exfoliation.
- Evening Rich Nutritional Moisturizer: After the glycolic acid blend is absorbed, I apply an even layer of this moisturizer. A true testament of a good moisturizer is how skin looks and feels in the morning. It’s rich, but not goopy. And I never feel like it’s clogging my pores or making my skin greasy.
As a company, I really like InstaNatural. Their products are both affordable and a great quality. I like to use simple ingredients on my skin when it comes to skin care, which is why I love this one absolute go-to if you want to protect your skin from the elements, while maintaining moisture.
- Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E: All three of these nutrients do a great job protecting your skin from the elements. Vitamin C and E provide antioxidant protection, and Hyaluronic Acid helps to maintain a moisture balance in your skin (think fine lines). I apply this to my face every morning under daily moisturizer.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link I may make a small commission.