This cleansing mineral broth recipe is exactly what your body needs as you detoxify. This recipe will yield just under a gallon of broth. Drink throughout your cleanse. If you have any leftover, freeze, or as a base to lentils, rice or beans.
Add about one gallon of water to a large stock pot. To the water, add the following:
- 1 full bulb garlic, peel only outer-most layer, halve
- 1 large bunch cilantro, washed
- 1 large bunch parsley, washed
- 1 large yellow onion, peel only outer-most layer, halve
- 4 beets, washed, unpeeled, halved
- 4-5 stalks celery, washed, leaves on
- 4-5 large carrots, washed, unpeeled
- 4-5 leaves kale
- 1 red potato, washed, unpeeled, halved
- 1 red apple, washed, seeded, unpeeled
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms**
Add the following after vegetables have been removed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ to 1 tsp cayenne pepper
**Note: shitake mushrooms, while incredibly healthy, contain purines that can trigger inflammation in people with gout. If you have gout, do not add mushrooms.
Bring pot with water and vegetables to a boil for about 20 minutes. Reduce to a simmer for about two hours. Allow to cool. Strain broth and discard vegetables. Refrigerate in glass containers. Add a small amount of sea salt, if desired, to flavor before drinking. Use sea salt, not table salt. Table salt is acidic, where sea salt is alkaline. The goal is to maintain a more alkaline balance.