If you want to shape your abs and legs, the Leg and Core Tabata Workout is what you need. Tabata workouts are great because they’re short, intense and incredibly effective at burning fat and shaping bodies. This tabata workout focuses on legs and core.
How do you do a tabata set? First, warm up. After that, you’re ready to do some work.
One tabata set = 4 minutes of eight intervals of 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off (resting).
For instance, in set one you’re doing speed skaters. The goal is to do as many speed skaters as possible in 20 seconds before you rest for 10 seconds. Repeat this a total of eight times.
Total workout time: 30 minutes
Equipment needed: Nothing
Warm Up: 10 Minutes
Tabata Set 1
- Speed Skaters
The objective is to do as many speed skaters as possible in 20 seconds before resting for 10. Repeat eight times.
Tabata Set 2
- Body Weight Squats
The objective is to do as many body weight squats as possible in 20 seconds before resting for 10. Repeat eight times.
Tabata Set 3
- Heel Taps
The objective is to do as many heel taps as possible in 20 seconds before resting for 10. Repeat eight times.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
- Hop to right, landing on right foot while swinging left foot behind right leg and swinging left arm across body.
- Jump to left, switching legs and arms
Body Weight Squats
- Start with feet hip-width apart
- Drop down as deep as possible into a squat position
- Stand, Repeat
- Lie flat on your back with knees bent.
- Pull head and shoulders off floor.
- Right hand reaches down to right foot to tap heel
- Return to center
- Left hand reaches down to left foot to tap heel
Have a question about an exercise? Check the Exercise Glossary.