We all have days when we want to eat something, even though we’re not hungry. If cravings tend to consume you, here are a few foods to have in your kitchen that are ok to indulge on without wreaking havoc on your waistline.
1) Dark Chocolate
- 1 to 2 squares a day.
- At least 60% cocoa. The darker, the better.
- Avoid milk chocolate.
2) Air Popped Popcorn with Coconut Oil
- 2 to 3 cups a day.
- Drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle sea salt.
- Coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils for your body.
- If you’re on a grain-free diet, popcorn may not be right for you.
3) Hot Cocoa (TDM-style)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Chatfield’s), + 1 1/2 c. milk (cow, almond, rice, hemp) + 1 packet of stevia
- Heat over the stove, stirring constantly
- It goes from healthy to unhealthy if you substitute sweet-n-low, splenda, etc.
4) Black Bean Dip or Hummus + any favorite vegetable
- 1 to 2 tbsp black bean dip or hummus + any of your fave veggies
- Keep veggies chopped up in the fridge to have on hand
- Enjoy just about any time of the day
5) Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 hard boiled egg
- If eggs are your thing, keep them ready-and-waiting in the fridge
- Eggs are very healthy and eating one or two a day is perfectly fine!
6) Frozen Banana + Nut Butter Sandwiches
- Slice up a banana in 1/2 circles and make a sandwich with your favorite nut butter
- Pull out three or four to enjoy when you have a craving!
Want more tips like this? Traci D Mitchell is a healthy living and fitness expert. Follow Traci on Facebook. She’d love to see you there! Interested in working with Traci? She works privately with clients specializes in nutrition coaching and weight loss as well as functional fitness and personal training. All sessions are done via Skype or telephone if outside of Chicago. For more information, contact Traci here.
Looking for a diet plan that works for YOUR body? Shed fat, and get into great shape right now! Try Traci’s 40-Day Shape Up!