This page gives you basic descriptions of the four body types addressed in the 10LB Club, including:
- Athlete Types
- Apple Types
- Babyface Types
- Pear Types
Determining your body type is a good first step in figuring out how you should be eating. No two people gain weight in the exact same way. The same is true for weight loss.
A vast majority of people will fall into either the Pear or the Apple categories, with a smaller number of people falling into the Athlete and Babyface categories.
"I'm not sure what my body type is."
If you're having a hard time determining your body type, don't worry! Just give some thought to where you think your "trouble zone" is. Generally speaking, that zone will be the first place you noticed you started putting on weight. In the Apple Type, for instance, the trouble zone is through the belly area. The Apple might have also gained a little weight in the arms and legs over time, but the area that has always been the greatest challenge remains the belly area.
- Triangular-shaped body, with a tendency to gain body fat through the chest, back & upper arms.
- This type may have a roll of skin over in the back area. Women may have "lunch lady arms."
- Foods the athlete craves usually include salty snacks and savory meals.
- Dinner should be the meal of the day for this type, with a smaller breakfast and lunch.
- This Apple gains weight through the midsection and usually has thinner legs and arms.
- Weight gain can occur elsewhere over time, but the primary trouble zone is the belly area.
- The Apple usually craves refined carbs and caffeine.
- This body type thrives on three squares a day.
- A rounder, softer shape with weight gain everywhere, but is often obviously noticed through the face first.
- Weight gain is almost always evenly distributed, including the knees, lower legs and arms.
- The Babyface tends to crave foods high fat dairy and sugar.
- This body type should eat like a reverse pyramid, starting with a bigger breakfast working to a smaller dinner.
- The Pear shape is typically a smaller upper body and pronounced hips and thighs.
- While weight gain can occur in other parts of the body, such as the chest and stomach, this type will usually have a pronounced waist and face challenges shedding weight from the lower body.
- Pear shapes usually crave spicy foods, high fat dairy, but also keep eating well into the evening hours.
- This body type does much better with a small breakfast, moderate lunch and good-size dinner.